TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
All registrations are subject to the following rules
1. Payment of ticket fees must be received in full and in cleared funds from the attendee before the Summit. If payment of your fees in full is not received before the Summit, Sport Positive Summit (SPS) may (at its sole discretion) either require such payment as a condition of your entry to the Summit or refuse you entry to the Summit
2. Any discounts can only be applied at the time of registration and discounts cannot be combined. We regret that discounts cannot be applied retrospectively.
3. SPS will receive payment of your fees net of all applicable taxes, including without limitation, VAT and sales taxes (‘Taxes’), all of which shall be paid solely by you. If and to the extent that any Taxes are levied upon, or found to be applicable to, the whole or any portion of the payment of your fees, the amount of such payment shall be increased by an amount necessary to compensate for the Taxes.
4. If a ticket holder is unable to attend an event for any reason they may substitute someone else to attend in their place from the same organisation, by giving written notice to SPS at least 2 weeks before the Summit takes place. After this date, substitutions cannot be guaranteed. You may not purchase registrations as agent for any third party or sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others, or exploit the registration commercially or non-commercially in any way.
5. Registrations cancelled more than 60 days before the event are eligible for an 75% refund of the registration fees paid (25% being retained as an administration fee). Registrations cancelled less than 60 days, but more than 30 days before the event are eligible for a 50% refund of the registration fees paid. Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event are not eligible for a refund
6. For payments received by credit or debit cards, the same credit/debit card will be refunded (to the amount indicated in clause 5) within 30 days of cancellation request
7. It is the responsibility of the registrant to ensure they have the ability to enter the UK to attend the Summit. Sport Positive Summit cannot support or endorse Visa applications. If a registration is made without the correct paperwork, and needs to be cancelled, all other terms and conditions apply
8. SPS may (at its sole discretion) change the format, speakers, content, venue location, date and programme or any other aspect of the Summit at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event, in each case without liability.
9. Where a Force Majeure Event has or may have (at SPS sole discretion) an adverse impact on: (i) the ability of SPS to hold the Summit at the planned venue or on the planned date; or (ii) the Summit generally, then SPS shall be entitled but not obliged (in its sole discretion) to either: (i) provide alternative facilities or venue for the Summit; and/or (ii) reschedule the Summit. Any of your fees received by SPS shall be applied to any rearranged or rescheduled Summit held pursuant to this Condition 10 and you shall not be entitled to object to such rearranged or rescheduled Summit or have any right to claim any compensation in respect thereof. If SPS is unable or elects not to rearrange or reschedule the Summit pursuant to this Clause, then you will (as its sole remedy) be entitled, in your sole discretion, to receive either a refund or credit note in respect of your fees received by SPS in each case less an administration charge equivalent to 25% per cent of the total amount of your fees, which SPS may at its sole discretion, either deduct from any refund or credit note or invoice the you separately. For the purpose of this Clause ‘Force Majeure Event’ means any event arising that is beyond the reasonable control of SPS including (without limitation) to speaker or participant cancellation or withdrawal, supplier or contractor failure, venue damage or cancellation, health scares, industrial dispute, governmental regulations or action, pandemic or epidemic, military action, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot, acts or suspected acts of terrorism or war. These terms and conditions shall apply in respect of any rearranged or rescheduled Summit organised by SPS pursuant to this Clause.
10. SPS may (at its sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from the Summit, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of SPS represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Summit. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by SPS or the venue owners at the Summit.
11. All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited. You consent to filming and sound recording and photography of the Summit as a delegate and you consent to the use by SPS of any such recording or photography anywhere in the world for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
12. To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, SPS excludes: (a) all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Summit; (b) all indemnities, warranties, representations, terms and conditions (whether express or implied); and (c) any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by you or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect). If SPS is liable to you for any reason, SPS total liability to you in relation to the Summit (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of your fees received by SPS.
13. If, by reason of any Force Majeure Event, SPS is delayed in or prevented from performing any of its obligations under this Agreement, then such delay or non-performance shall not be deemed to be a breach of this Agreement and no loss or damage shall be claimed by you by reason thereof. SPS’ obligations shall be suspended during the period of the delay or non-performance and SPS and you shall each use reasonable endeavours to mitigate the effect of the Force Majeure Event. The provisions of this Clause are subject to the provision of Clause 10.
14. At the time registration for SPS opened (April 2022), the global COVID19 pandemic was present. As such your registration for SPS is at your own risk. If you are unable to join us due to local laws at the time of travel, contracting COVID19 yourself before travel, or your own comfort levels, we are unable to refund your registration beyond our T&Cs in clause 4 and 5. Depending on infection levels, please be aware that for your safety, additional policies and procedures may be in place relating to personal hygiene, social distancing and the wearing of face coverings at SPS. By registering for SPS you consent to the use of your data for test and tracing requirements.
15. SPS reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit your registration
16. This Agreement is governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.